● 225g self-rising flour
● 1 teaspoon Bi carb of soda
● 1 teaspoon baking powder
● 285ml COLD sparkling water
For good chips
● 900g large potatoes peeled and cut into chunky batons
● 1 x 500g bag of petit pois
● Olive oil
● Malden sea salt
● Black pepper
● Fresh mint, chopped
● Fresh lemon juice
1. For the batter, place the cold water into a bowl. Add the flour, soda and baking powder whilst whisking until smooth.
2. To cook, season the plain flour and lightly dip your prepared fillet of fish of choice then dip straight into the batter. Let the excess drip off then fry in hot oil at 180-190° until golden.
3. Place the peeled and cut potatoes into boiling water and simmer for 4-6 mins.
Remove and drain. For best results leave chips to dry in a warm oven for 5 mins on a baking sheet or pat dry with a paper towel. Once dry cook in hot vegetable oil at 180° until golden.
4. For the pea puree, wilt the frozen petit pois in hot water and remove once defrosted.
5. Place the warm defrosted peas into a food processor and blend.
6. Whilst blending add a good glug of olive oil then season and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
7. Add the fresh chopped mint.
8. For added refinement put through a sieve or if you like the puree to be slightly courser hang back on the blending.