For the lasagne
● 100g butter
● 100g plain flour
● 2 pints milk
● 800g ricotta
● 150g parmesan, grated
● Ground nutmeg
● 400g 3663 frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
● 2 bunches of spring onions, chopped
● 1 pack lasagne sheets
For the pesto
● 1 bag rocket
● Pomace oil
● 2 cloves garlic
● 100g parmesan, grated
● 50g walnuts
1. Make a roux using the flour, butter and milk.
2. Once slightly cooled, whisk in the ricotta and parmesan until
3. Stir in chopped spinach, nutmeg and spring onions. Season to
4. Blitz rocket, oil, garlic and parmesan to make the pesto.
5. Stir the roughly chopped walnuts in to pesto. Season to taste.
6. Assemble lasagne as follows — sauce, pasta, pesto.
7. Continue in this order for 4 layers.
8. Grate some extra parmesan on top and decorate with fresh
9. Bake at 180c for 40 minutes or until you can easily put a knife
10. Serve with salad garnish and herb ciabatta.