● 2 tbsp. olive oil
● 1 sprig of rosemary
● 2 bay leaves
● 3 garlic cloves crushed
● 1/2 medium chilli
● 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cubed
● 2 carrots chopped
● 1 large potato peeled and cubed
● 2 celery sticks
● 1 medium onion chopped
● Pinch of cumin seeds
● 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
● 1 1/4 litres of veg or chicken stock
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, chilli, paprika, bay, rosemary and cumin seeds. Heat for not longer than 30 seconds.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the stock.
3. Saute the vegetables for a few minutes until they are fully coated in the spices.
4. Add the stock. Turn down the heat and allow the soup to simmer for about 45 minutes.
5. Allow the soup to cool and then blend with a hand whisk until free of lumps. If the soup is too thick add a little more stock until you have the desired consistency.